Bad Blood

Hello! So hopefully you would have read some of my previous posts and you will know how much of a massive fan I am of Bastille, and when I saw the track listing for their debut album 'Bad Blood', you can guess how excited I was!

According to NME, the album will be released on the 4th of March including their newest single 'Pompeii' which will be released on the 25th of February (the EP released in feb will include 1 song and 3 remixes NOT on the album).



The track listing is as follows:

  • Pompeii
  • Things We Lost In The Fire
  • Bad Blood
  • Overjoyed
  • These Streets *
  • Weight Of Living Pt. II (*)
  • Icarus
  • Oblivion
  • Flaws
  • Daniel In The Den *
  • Laura Palmer
  • Get Home
  • Weight Of Living Pt. I (*)
  • The Silence *
  • Laughter Lines *
  • Bad Blood (Live Piano Version)
  • Things We Lost In The Fire (Abbey Road Sessions)
  • Laura Palmer (Abbey Road Sessions)
  • Flaws (Live Acoustic Version)
Some of these songs can be found on youtube however the ones marked with a * are completely new and the one with (*) is vaguely new, however there are a couple of videos of these songs live on youtube. A couple of these have been demos or acoustic versions online. The ones in bold are on the extended cut and include 5 videos.

Lead singer Dan Smith said to NME "I wanted each to be its own story with its own atmosphere which brings in different sounds and elements of production, incorporating aspects of the different genres and styles that I love: hip-hop, indie, pop and folk. Film soundtracks can be broad and varied but tied together by the film itself – and I hope the album will be something like that, but held together by my voice and my songwriting, each song a scene or part of a bigger picture. Some of the album is about stepping back and looking at what kind of person you've become. It’s that dawning realisation that everything has piled up on top of you and it’s up to you, as an adult, to sort yourself out."
 
I'm really looking forward to seeing the demos and acoustics remastered, as well as hearing the new songs on the album. Luckily for me, I'm going to be seeing Bastille the night after their album is released (which fortunately for me, is the night that my 10 hour art exam ends!). I'd definitely recommend Bastille to everyone as all of their songs are so different to each other, each with a different story to tell and a different sound.

Pre-order the album on itunes here or extended cut here

Once again thanks for reading and my previous bastille post can be found here ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment