Gigs I'm going to this year (so far!)

Last year I went to 15+ gigs, sometimes even two gigs consecutively! Luckily (ish), this year I'm going to far fewer gigs, well so far anyway... So my gig list for this year so far, is as follows:

  • Feb 21st (my birthday!) - Lauren Aquilina at the Dry Bar/Night+Day bar: looking forward to this so much! A gig on my birthday from a great up and coming singer as well as great support acts (one who I've seen before at a Nina Nesbitt gig).
  • March 5th - Bastille at Manchester Academy 2: me and the academy don't go well together, seeing as when I saw Nina they made me put my (bridge, not even DSLR) camera into the cloakroom which they made me pay for! Nevertheless I've seen videos of Bastille live and the atmosphere looks amazing!
  • March 16th - Gabrielle Aplin at Sound Control: last time Gabrielle Aplin was in Manchester I missed out on tickets, but this time we got them nice and early. Sound control is such a nice venue and Gabrielle will definitely use her powerful voice to fill the room.
  • April 8th - Imagine Dragons at Manchester Academy 2: once again at the academy, but hopefully the sound of this band will make me forget about the venue!
  • June 1st - Muse at The Etihad Stadium: this will be my third time seeing Muse live and each time we have seen them live, they have outdone themselves so I definitely can't wait for this. However, I am dreading this gig slightly as I've got standing tickets! Oh well at least I'll get crushed at a great gig.
Alas, there is my gig diary for this year, however I am missing out on seeing Lewis Watson on his UK headline tour as he didn't put down a Manchester date, and hopefully Nina Nesbitt will be announcing a tour after the release of her new EP Stay Out or after her debut album (both of which will be reviewed on the day released!).

In addition to these gigs, I'm hoping to attend the Dot To Dot festival in Manchester this summer (I was gutted to miss it last year, as a few of my favourite acts performed) but this year I vow to attend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment