Virgin Media Music Awards 2013

It's that time of the year approaching again, awards season! This year, I'm taking a bigger interest into music awards and in particular, the virgin media music awards.


As you may know, I love up and coming new artists, as well as older, better known artists, but when I found out that 5 artists that I like were up for a 'Next Big Thing' award, I was truly shocked!

In the 'Next big thing' category are:

  • Little Green Cars
  • Tom Odell
  • Nina Nesbitt
  • Bastille
  • Rascals
  • Gabrielle Aplin
  • Mikill Pane
  • Angel Haze
  • Foxes
  • Haim
  • Kodaline
  • Aluna George
The ones bolded are my personal favourites to win, however I can't choose between them! I know that Haim as well, were marked as BBC Introducing's Big Thing of 2013 (previously won by Ellie Goulding and Florence and the machine). But out of the ones in bold, I really can't decide who I would want to win, they are all hard working and would deserve of the award!

  • Little Mix
  • JLS
  • Muse
  • Coldplay
  • Blur
  • The Stone Roses
  • Girls Aloud
  • The Maccabees
  • The Vaccines
  • Swedish House Mafia
  • The Wanted (I have a real soft spot for them!)
  • One Direction
I would really like any of the three in bold to win the award, the ones I would not be happy to win would be One Direction, Little Mix or JLS (I have a strong dislike for TV talent show offspring).

Who I'd like to win the other categories

  • Jessie Ware - Devotion
  • Mumford and Sons - Babel
  • Jake Bugg - Jake Bugg
  • Lana Del Rey - Born to die
  • Katy Perry - Wide Awake
  • Lana Del Rey - Ride
  • Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch - Sweet Nothing
  • Calvin Harris
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Jake Bugg
I really do like the nominations for all the awards this year, although choosing who I'm going to vote for and who I want to win is really difficult, but only time will tell who's the public choose as the best!

You can vote for all the categories by clicking on the headings.

As usual, thanks for reading, and who would you like to win these awards? ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment